Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 15:43:47 +1100
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 -> 3.4

Hello,

Ideally, assuming your FreeBSD is wired to a LAN in the office or at home you
can "ftp" the contents of your home directory and anything important to another
box .

Then reinstall FreeBSD 3.4 - which becomes a 30 minute to 45 minute job

On Sat,
18 Mar 2000, J McKitrick wrote: > Yes, you read that right, 4.0 to 3.4.  Is
there a safe way to go back > to 3.4 without reformatting?  I would like to
keep my home directory > and installed ports, if possible.