Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 2020 09:12:41 +0200
From:      Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error: MOVED: net/kblog EXPIRED 2020-08-13 No longer shipped

> On 16. Aug 2020, at 02:16, Carmel <carmel_ny@outlook.com> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFOn Sun, 16 Aug 2020 01:22:35 +0200, Christoph Moench-Tegeder stat=
ed:
>> ## Carmel (carmel_ny@outlook.com):
>>=20
>>> [00:00:01] Error: MOVED: net/kblog EXPIRED 2020-08-13 No longer
>>> shipped [00:00:01] Error: Fatal errors encountered gathering initial
>>> ports metadata =20
>>=20
>>> Has anyone seen this before, and how do I rectify it? =20
>>=20
>> What it says: net/kblog is gone (with the latest KDE Application update
>> in r544824, see
>> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?limit_changes=3D0&view=3Drevision&revisi=
on=3D544824
>> for the full commit).
>> You need to remove that from your ports-list.txt.
>=20
> I would have expected to see something in"UPDATING". The only mention
> is in "MOVED": net/kblog||2020-08-13|No longer shipped

MOVED is the documented location for this kind of information, see

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/moved-and=
-updating-files.html

>=20
> Obviously, poudriere cannot handle this situation on its own. To bad.

Well, it kind of did. You explicitly asked it to build a port that has been r=
emoved and it informed you about the fact that the port no longer exists (an=
d why). What else would you expect it to do?

Best,
Michael