Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 00:07:17 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.jhs.local>
To:        paul@netcraft.co.uk
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ctm-cvs

Hi, Reference:
> From: Paul Richards <paul@originat.demon.co.uk>

> > Hi Poul-Henning, CC current,
> >
> > A CTM question if I may:
> >   Is there a particular reason for cvs-cur.1500A.gz to be a mega size ctm
> >   patch ? Is it perhaps that way because its easier for you to maintain/app
- end ?

> I'm getting towards the end of something like a 16 hour download of this
> file and I've only got one phone line to the house so the people I share
> with aren't happy :-)
>
> Can they be split in some way so that you can download it in batches, I could
> have grabbed a chunk each night then when people have gone to bed. Apart
> from that, I'm constantly on edge in case freefall drops the connection and
> 16 hours is wasted.....
>
> Not that I'm ever going to do this again now I'm almost in sync but other
> people will run into this problem when they need to bootstrap ctm.

Addendum to my earlier `stage site dd' sugestion:
Of course, dd won't be available to some folk on remote staging sites,
so splitting would help them (though of course unfortunately causing a
refetch on well connected sites that have already auto.-mirrored the 40Meg)

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/