Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:31:32 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        sarai hefetz <blonde_girl40@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: emacs vs. vim & xterm vs. eterm vs. rxvt

> 1. What should I use, emacs or vim? I tried both and I can make up my mind.
> I would like to know what you guys use and what are the advantages of each
> one.

Use what you like.  Do a mailing list search for examples of flamewars
about these.  Personally I use vim, but that could be because having
become comfortable with it I didn't want to confront another learning
curve with emacs.

> 2. What are the differances between xterm, eterm and rxvt? I read somewhere
> that rxvt uses less swap space. Which should I use?

rxvt seems to be the most lightweight of the three.  I'm not aware
of any particular advantage xterm has over it.  eterm (and
gnome-terminal etc) are flashier.  But, again, use what
you like.

Rahul.