Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:18:03 -0700
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP:  RELNOTESng broken on 4-STABLE

--==_Exmh_-139348210P

Hi--

Due to some recent, wide-ranging commits made across the doc/ and src/
trees in -CURRENT, it appears that RELNOTESng is now broken for 4-STABLE.
RELNOTESng in -CURRENT appears to build correctly.

As I'm still trying to understand the changes that were made, I'm not
sure what will be required to get this fixed.  Ideally, the person
person whose commits caused the breakage will be able to fix this soon,
but I'll be working on this too.

For those of you doing release builds, you'll need to set NODOC=YES
temporarily.  (Again, this is for 4-STABLE only.)

I'd like to ask committers to please hold off on updates to RELNOTESng
until this situation has been resolved.  (Among other things I'm
awaiting the fate of the now-frozen doc/ tree.)

Thanks,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-139348210P

--==_Exmh_-139348210P--