Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:19:21 -0700
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@sofia.csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anonymous CVS on anoncvs.FreeBSD.org is down ?

Hi,

according to the handbook (http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/synching.html),
the host anoncvs.FreeBSD.org should allow anonymous cvs access.

It appears that nothing is listening on that port:

  $ CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs cvs login
  (Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.FreeBSD.org)
  CVS password:
  cvs [login aborted]: connect to anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:2401 failed: Connection refused

If I try with netcat (or telnet) I get the same result:

  $ nc -v anoncvs.FreeBSD.org 2401
  usw7.freebsd.org [209.181.243.20] 2401 (cvspserver) : Connection refused

Is this a know problem? Is there a way to get anonymous cvs access?

Thanks
Marco
--
Marco Molteni "rough consensus and running code"
SRI International, System Design Laboratory