Date:      21 Dec 2002 22:03:30 +1100
From:      Andrew Cutler <andrew@1stelement.com>
To:        "P. U. Kruppa" <520023893678-0001@t-online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do you suspend and resume a remote shell session?

Hi Uli,

I'm not a total n00b as some of my previous posts would suggest, I do
use the '&' method when needed ;). Its great for running kernel builds,
as you suggested.

However what I'm really trying to achieve is to keep X apps alive when
running them remotely, and be able to connect and disconnect at will and
still have the app up and running, exactly where you left it.

Anyone who has used Terminal Server or Citrix in a disconnected
environment will know what I mean, about suspending and resuming
sessions.

I've been looking tentatively for info on how to do this for about a
year now and so far I haven't found anything useful.

Regarding my previous post, I couldn't help but poke at the comic irony
of Pauls post. No agro intended, other than to poke fun and perhaps cut
down on the number of noise posts.