Date:      Thu, 08 Nov 2001 08:39:21 -0500
From:      Bob Collins <pineapplebob@telocity.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Natd to port 80 on other machine

I have played with natd for a bit and read the emails, but I cannot get
natd to port forward port 80 to another machine on my lan. My config is:

inet--telocity dsl modem--freebsd(ipfw natd & gateway)--[LAN]

My public IP is 216.227.x.x and the lan is 192.168.x.x. I am doing the
following in my /etc/rc.conf:

natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="216.227.x.x"
natd_flags=-f /etc/natd.conf"

The /etc/natd.conf is:

# natd config
interface fxp0
#fxp0 is the external nic
redirect_port tcp 192.168.x.x:80 80

The correlating firewall rule is:

# HTTP - Allow access to web server
${fwcmd} add pass tcp from any to any 80 setup

Obviously I am missing something, but it just does not click. Can
someone offer some guides? Yes, I have read the natd man until I could
not focus on the screen any more. Some switch is eluding me.

Thanks
Bob Collins