Date:      Sat, 13 May 1995 05:28:05 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freefall.cdrom.com, henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu
Subject:   Re: bin/398: VI broken?

In message <199505130030.RAA15123@freefall.cdrom.com>
    henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu writes:

>        remote xterm (vt102 mode) rloging into a freebsd box, with the term
>        type set to vt100-am or vt100

>        When editing the following text (from man.c) if you place your cursor
>	on the blank line between the int status and status =, then use the VI
>        (o)pen line command, the status = line correctly drops one line, but
>	the users cursor is then placed on the same line as the status =.
>	CTRL-L refreshes to the correct location.  Possibly a termcap bug?

I just try it, not with xterm but with true VT100 and MSDOS VT100
emulator and not see this bug (vi just simple redraw lower half
of screen after 'o' command). What system/termcap versions your
have? If they are < -current, please, update to -current.
If bug still present, send me output of script(1) command.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -