Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:33:20 -0700
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
To:        "J. Seth Henry" <jshenry@net-noise.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Pornography on Yahoo

> You know, I've seen at least 20 posts now spewing vitriol at the poor
moron
> who had the temerity to stand up for something she believes in. While I
> agree, her post was seriously off-topic, and completely brain dead - BUT
SO
> WERE THE REPLIES!!! Come on folks, we have wasted (at least) 20x the
> bandwidth the original poster did - so why don't we just let it go?

Well, it sure seems to me like this thread ended yesterday.  You're a little
slow getting your mail or something because you just tacked on a reply on a
dead thread, your reply stating that you wanted the thread to die.

> Also, I would like to point out that we don't see this much vitriol when a
> commercial spammer posts something. I find *that* easily as irritating and
> offensive as a knuckleheaded soap-box post from a religious zealot. BTW,
for
> the atheists in the room, a recent court decision held that atheism is, in
> fact, a form of religion. I, for one, find the atheists soap box just as
> grinding and irritating as everyone else's soap box. That said,

Who's preaching atheism ?!  I'm preaching, leave-me-alone-ism.

> why don't we
> lay off the atheists, Christians, Quakers - and who knows who else - and
get
> back to the business of learning about FreeBSD? (if the offended parties
> aren't atheists - my bad, but whatever you are, enough's enough...)

Enough is enough, so why are you adding to this thread ?

> As an aside, I would ask why this lady deserves more abuse than any other
> spammer or huckster. Why don't we blast them all equally for wasting our
> time? Just a thought...

Who says we don't ?