Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:05:58 +0100
From:      "Simon Clayton" <Simon@businessmeetings.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ideal world hardware recommendations

OK, here's a nice question.  I have to build a webserver for a
large site (moving from NT IIS/ASP/SQL Svr7 to FreeBSD/Apache/
MySQL - woohoo!).

I could go out and spend a silly amount of money on a Compaq
ProLiant 8000 or similar but I suspect that at the smallest
hint of trouble the "sorry we can't support that O/S" excuse
would be wheeled out.

So my question is - what do you recommend, would you build it
yourself or buy branded?  What about particular hardware, mega
fast processor? Hardware or software RAID? anything I should
stay away from? etc.

Any advice/opinion is welcome.

Simon