Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 08:46:30 -0800
From:      August Grammas <amg@crl.com>

    Problem:
      I am unable to configure X so that that the clock, login screen
      and/or the xterm(s) are initially positioned where I tell them
      to be.
      However, when X does come up, using startx, I am able to position
      and size the windows.

    Configuration:
      XF86Config is located in /etc
      .xinitrc   is located in $HOME
      .twmrc     is located in $HOME

    Observations:
      By deleting lines from .xinitrc, I am able to control whether or
      not a window will or will not appear.
      Describing the clock object by using either pixels or row/column
      appears to have no effect on its size.

                                       amg@crl.com