Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:28:19 -0500
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        dochawk@psu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla does irrelevant search instead revisiting page

Richard E. Hawkins (dochawk@psu.edu) wrote:

> I tried to give mozilla .9.4 a try.  I even hacked the port to install
> .9.5.

Maybe your hacks weren't correct. Mozilla-9.5 is only a few days old...
There's usually a fresh port within a week or two of the lastest
milestone.

Mozilla has been my main axe since Milestone 18, and I have never seen
the odd behavior you describe. It's quite stable, and I'd even describe
it as 'fast' (on a 1 GHz machine). Try installing an unadulterated 0.9.4,
or wait a week or so for 0.9.5 to filter into the ports.

Personally, I've been thinking about running the Linux version so I can
use Linux plugins. Anybody got that working on FreeBSD? Shouldn't there
be a linux-mozilla port?

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com