Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 19:21:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't Access Apache Manual Files

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, Brian Clapper wrote:

> To my knowledge, there *are* no man pages for Apache, and never have been;
> all the docs are HTML.  I have the full source distribution for Apache
> 1.3b2 (only one beta release behind the current one of 1.3b3).  There's not
> a single man page in the distribution.

Look again.

While all the main docs are HTML since man pages really aren't a good
format for extensive documentation, there are man pages regardless of what
FreeBSD may do with them.

marcs@alive:~/archive/apache/apachen$ ls -l src/support/*.[18]
-rw-r-----  1 marcs  marcs  4639 Sep  5 17:04 src/support/apachectl.1
-rw-r--r--  1 marcs  bin    3974 Oct 31 17:31 src/support/htpasswd.1
-rw-r--r--  1 marcs  bin    4920 Oct 31 17:31 src/support/httpd.8