Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 01:22:32 +0100
From:      "Cameron Grant" <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pcm driver

i'm doing a fairly major reworking of the pcm driver at the moment,
implementing new drivers, generalising and tidying up code, moving the whole
lot to /sys/dev/pcm, etc.

i don't intend to implement any more isa drivers, unless someone gets really
persuasive.

however, for pci, i have a fully working  trident  4dwave driver, an almost
functional aureal vortex 1 driver, as well as the exsting es1370 driver.  my
code should be ready for beta in a couple of weeks.  for now if anyone would
like to send me any pci sound card i don't have, or a motherboard with
intel/sis's new chipsets with integrated sound, i'll do my best to  write a
driver for it.

    - cameron