Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:09:54 -0800
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS related sendmail hangs with 4.3-BETA kernel

dinesh> i saw the same thing when i moved from 4.1R to 4.3-BETA over the
dinesh> last week. sendmail by default is compiled with IPv6 support and
dinesh> this is what's causing the seemingly hang when it sends out
dinesh> email. ethereal confirmed that it was sending out IPv6 DNS queries
dinesh> and attempting to connect thru IPv6 before reverting back to IPv4.

dinesh> remove the "-DNETINET6" in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/Makefile and
dinesh> rebuild sendmail. works fine for me after that.

Please try again as I really don't think NETINET6 is a problem.  It was a
bug in libc's resolver.