Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2000 17:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/15561: regex(3) manpage needs update

The following reply was made to PR docs/15561; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, mkamm@gmx.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 08:57:22 +0900

 >      Paragraph 1 is questionable. There have been several commits in
 >      /src/lib/libc/regex over the past 5 years. Why is it still alpha?

 Huh? I went through the history of all files in that directory, and
 found almost no commits at all! The code is still full with comments
 about possible bugs and hacks around existing bugs. But the fact is that
 Henry Spencer knew what bugs it had or not, but they are not _actually_
 documented anywhere, so it's very difficult for others to proceed with
 his work.

 That said, the _lack_ of commits (and PRs) about it is a good indication
 the code is probably stable.

 --
 Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)

 dcs@newsguy.com
 dcs@freebsd.org
 capo@yet.another.bsdconspiracy.org

 	Hmmm - I have to go check this. My reality assumptions are shattered.