Date:      Wed, 8 May 1996 00:01:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        ec0@s1.GANet.NET, ejc@nasvr1.cb.att.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current not booting

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> It may also be something to do with phk's changes to locore.s.  I
> don't know, there are so many variables!  Would it be possible for you
> to grab a copy of the CVS tree and roll back /sys until you get a
> working kernel again?  That would definitely help us to figure out
> *when* the problem crept in.

I too ran into the kernel boot problem.  Building a GENERIC
kernel works fine.  Building based on my LOCAL definition produces
a kernel which reboots just after loading the kernel.

I re'suped and built again.  Still rebooted.

I 'cp LOCAL LOCAL.bak', 'cp GENERIC LOCAL', then edited the new LOCAL
adding my original LOCAL specific stuff back in.

And now the kernel is booting fine.

I did plenty of config's, make depends, et al, as I was trying different
combinations.

Brian Litzinger
brian@mediacity.com