Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:26:45 -0600
From:      "Tomek" <tomek@mpionline.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Weird ns.freebsd.org DNS problem

I'm sorry, I misposted that last one, here it is correctly:

Hello there,
The domain movierate.com is supposed to point to 209.115.240.249, and my
FreeBSD run DNS (builtin namedb) shows it as such BUT ns.freebsd.org
shows a non-authoritative answer as 209.115.240.247. Other servers (such
as ns1.earthlink.net, ns2, ns3, but not ns4.earthlink.net) show the same
247 address.

(our DNS server is ns.mpionline.com or ns.movierate.com)

It has been like this a LONG time, making movierate.com basically
unreachable to half the world, and I have tried everything from changing
serial numbers of domain info to cname aliasing, and even changing
registrars.

PLEASE HELP, I'm at a complete loss with this one. Why is it pointing to
the wrong place? How can I force a name server to update itself from the
authoritative answer?

Thanks, Thomas