Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 16:37:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: /usr/dos for doscmd

According to J Wunsch:
> As Faried Nawaz wrote:
>
> >   Hmmm...  You are right...  What is a good "semi-standard" place to
> >   put such things.  I don't necessarily think that we should create
> >   another directory, or should we?
>
> > What does it try to install?  How about somewhere in /usr/libdata?
>
> I also thought about /usr/libdata (or /usr/libexec -- it seems to be
> an executable file, although not a Unix executable).
>
> The Makefile would currently break `make release', btw., since it
> relies on X11 being installed.  This should probably be made
> automatically dependant on the actual configuration.  Negative side
> effect: the doscmd that ships with releases won't be able to do X11.

It might be nice to have a directory where doscmd can play around, and
where you can also place stuff related to it (like maybe default config file?).
Wouldn't /compat/dos work?  Or /usr/local/lib/dos or something?

About relying on X11 being installed... Can't that be made checked at runtime?
By using dlopen() instead of normal dependency, or so?

  /Mikael