Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:26:20 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyesf@newsguy.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestion for new list

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> How about a new list specially for the press. I think questions is
> great for general purpose, but we may get better exposure if we are
> able to help reporters/reviewers to install the software with the
> least problems possible.
>
> The way I suggest it would be to have a handfull of handpicked people
> have access to the list (i.e. Dough White, Greg Lehey, Jordan....)
> and to only allow questions from reviewers/editors/ article writers.
>
> Thoughts? comments?

It'll never fly, because "the press" won't go for it.  When they review
an OS like FreeBSD, they're also reviewing the support provided via the
"standard" support channels, which are the mailing lists in FreeBSD.
It's surprisingly egalitarian, given the perks expected by most magazine
reviewers, but I assume it has been crammed down their throats by
editorial reviews.