Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 08:12:11 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Quota

First, make sure you have quotas on the system that you want. Its a kernel
config option. Next, kick all the users off the system. I've had problems with
writes to supposedly quota'ed disks during this point, and haven't pinned
them down yet. I've blown away a couple of drives at this step.

Add the userquota flag to the /etc/fstab file, and create the quota.user
file in the root of the parition where you want quotas. Run quotacheck.

Then, reboot. Run edquota on one of the users, and set "defaults". Then,
use can use -p with edquota to use them as the default. For instance, if I
set up user foo's quotas, I can say:

edquota -p foo bar

and it will pull up bar's quota list, using foo's defaults.

	-Brian