Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:34:00 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Tomek <tomek@mpionline.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird ns.freebsd.org DNS problem

>>PLEASE HELP, I'm at a complete loss with this one. Why is it pointing to
>>the wrong place? How can I force a name server to update itself from the
>>authoritative answer?
>
>   The problem is caused by Network Solutions/Verisign having a HOST record
>for movierate.com. You need to delete the HOST record in their database in
>order to fix the problem.

   Oops, looks like you registered it with "godaddy", not Netsol...in any
case, there is a HOST record registered for the wrong address and you need
to delete it. As a general rule, it's a real bad idea to have your top level
domain ("movierate.com") also be your nameserver - which is the most likely
reason why a HOST record was added, since that is required for all
nameservers. It looks like it is not a listed nameserver now, so I suspect
that you must have changed it at some point.
   Bottom line: delete the HOST record in their database.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.