Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:27:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      Louie <louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        luigi@iet.unipi.it
Subject:   Re: Libretto 70CT problems

Earlier I wrote:
> I recently bought a Toshiba Libretto 70CT and installed 2.2.5-RELEASE
> on it.  I've been able to get most everything working (PLIP, X and PPP
> using a PCMCIA modem) but I am having trouble with a few things:
>
> 1) Sound doesn't quite work.  I can play midi files with playmidi
> but I can't play .au files.  When I cat a .au file to /dev/audio
> I get "/dev/audio: No space left on device".  Here's my sound card
> configuration and /dev entries:
>
> controller      snd0
> device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 0 vector sbintr
> device opl0     at isa? port 0x388
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel         6 Jan 21 20:56 audio@ -> audio0
> crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   30,   4 Jan 21 21:10 audio0
>
> Would installing Luigi's sound drivers help?

For the record, I was able to get sound working with Luigi's sound code
(specifically pnp971020.tgz and snd980123.tgz).  My kernel configuration
file contains the line:

device pcm0	at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 5 drq 0 vector pcmintr

The card is probed as:

pcm0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 0 on isa
Unknown card 0x0 0x0 -- hope it is SBPRO

Both /dev/audio and /dev/dsp work as does RealAudio.  Thanks for the
code Luigi!

Louie <louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu>