Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:03:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Wayne M. Barnes" <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 2.2.6 to 3.1 (fwd)

Dear Brandon,

     I got my netscape up, temporarily at least.
I deleted the link named libXt.so.6.0 in /usr/X11R6/lib
[It was put there by an ignorant person, and I shouldn't have.]

Do leave a file of this name in /usr/X11R6/lib/aout

then, give the following 2 commands:
root@barnes2:/usr/X11R6/lib>ldconfig -aout /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/X11R6/lib/aout
root@barnes2:/usr/X11R6/lib>ldconfig -elf /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/X11R6/lib/aout

   Then try netscape.

   What I don't know is whether this will survive booting, since
ldconfig is supposed to be run as part of the boot sequence.  That may
be where it's not running right.

Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D.                        wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu
          http://barnes1.wustl.edu       Just plain Taq is old tech anymore.

----- Forwarded message from Brandon Fosdick -----

Ok, did that. Now it says libXt.so.6.0 has a bad magic number. Now what?

Thanks,
Brandon

----- End of forwarded message from Brandon Fosdick -----