Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2001 00:29:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@ANDRSN.STANFORD.EDU>
To:        Ron Hensley <ronh@intercom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Emergency Boot Disk

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, Ron Hensley wrote:

I use a fixit.flp, created just as you create kern.flp and
msfroot.flp.  It is not itself bootable, but at the boot
prompt you can type (instead of the default, which won't work
with just a fixit.flp) 0:ad(1,a)/boot/loader

The first number is the hard drive number; the second is the
slice.  You can experiment to find what works, then mount the
floppy and put a file in its root directory called kernel.conf
with the text:

boot:  0:ad(1,a)/boot/loader

The fixit.flp will no longer work (unless you delete this file)
as a typical fixit.flp, which is usually used after you boot
kern.flp and mfsroot.flp to repair a damaged system.

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC