Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 09:39:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Has anyone ported hytelnet?

I've been fooling around with getting hytelnet going on a friend's FreeBSD
2.1.5 box for an upcoming Internet class he's running, and I'm having
problems getting hytelnet working properly -- it's having problems
displaying information as an apparent result of doing some things with
curses that it shouldn't.  I've finally got it mostly working with
ncurses, but where an inverse text area marks the potential selection, the
inverse area appears with an annoying added <2> appended to the head and
tail of the inverse text.  The termcap definition shouldn't be a problem
-- I was telnet'ed in from an xterm session, and every other full screen
app works fine...

Maybe I just have a really old hytelnet source, but I haven't been able to
get into ftp.usask.ca to see if there's a newer version.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated!

Guy Helmer, Computer Science Grad Student, Iowa State - ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer

Looking for a stable, standard & free UNIX-like O/S?    http://www.freebsd.org