Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 15:00:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Daniel Ortmann <ortmann@sparc.isl.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/11963: should update the ocaml-tk module and install in ports

>Number:         11963
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       should update the ocaml-tk module and install in ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

N/A

Objective Caml's Tk interface currently is slightly out-of-date.

1) The language definition has changed slightly and produces warnings
when compiled with the latest ocaml and installed.

2) Although the ocaml-tk code seems to work fine (even with tk8.0, I
believe), it should be checked more carefully ... and possibly be
updated from tk4.1 to either tk 8.0 or 8.1, whichever is more
appropriate.  The example code seems to run fine, but my examination was
cursory.

Even though I am listed as "the maintainer", I am a novice and would
welcome any fixes!  (thanks:-)

>How-To-Repeat:

N/A

>Fix:

- Get the site info and code from the site documented in the Makefile
- Contact the maintainer of the ocaml-tk code in case he's done it already
- Fix the code if needed or use any code already fixed
- Ensure the ocaml-tk authors/maintainers get the needed patches
- Install into the ports tree with appropriate dependencies