Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:25:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ksmm@cybercom.net (The Classiest Man Alive)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, joa@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VFAT 32 support in msdosfs

> >I don't know how you got an OEMSR2 boot block and INT 21 code onto a
> >VFAT drive, but I'd be interested in finding out.
>
> I formatted the drive as a FAT drive then installed Windows 95. It booted.
> I'm not sure what else there is to tell you.

There's your answer... OEMSR2 is a preinstall-only.  If you installed
regular Windows 95, you didn't install OEMSR2 (unless you are an OEM?).

Tony@Dell answered the question of whether or not OEMSR2's INT 21
code used during boot can "see" VFAT and not just VFAT32 (it can),
so it's less anomalous anyway.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org