Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:27:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@denver.net>
To:        Joćo Assad <jfassad@domain.com.br>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Joćo Assad wrote:

> Hello,
>

> When I send an e-mail it is sent in the following format :
> username@hostname.domain name
> I would like to send my e-mails in the following format :
> username@domain name
>
> Whow can I do that ?

Two ways, easy and not so easy:

easy:  change your hostname to domain.name in /etc/sysconfig (or
/etc/rc.conf in 2.2.2)

not so easy (but not hard either):  use the domaintable feature of
sendmail to rewrite hostname.domain.name -> domain.name

See the sendmail.cf doc in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/README
--

John-David Childs (JC612)       http://www.denver.net
System Administrator            jdc@denver.net