Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:22:51 -0500
From:      Sam Suh <sam@bigstudios.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAID question

Hello, everyone.

I need to scope out 2TB RAID 5 array for possible project opportunity at
our shop. Obviously, the host OS of choice is freeBSD for me. Now, the
trouble is I never had to implement the system of this size before and I
seek those of you with wisdom and foresight :-)

1. Does freeBSD be able to handle 2TB file system? or is there a kernel
parameter I need to aware of?
2. If some of you had implemented this type of project, could you
recommend me the RAID system of your choice?
3. If need arise, would freeBSD be able to handle > 2TB and < 5TB?
4. Some of the RAID 5 subsystem I been looking at uses fibre channel.
How is the support for fibre channel with freeBSD?

I also welcome any pointers and advice for undertaking this project.
Many thanks in advance to those of you who read this and more thanks to
who responds.