Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2008 22:17:18 +0100
From:      Claudio Jeker <cjeker@diehard.n-r-g.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommendation for a Big Endian System for NIC Driver Development

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 01:05:51PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
> I'm looking for a recommendation for a big endian CPU system that
> works well with FreeBSD.  It would be best if it didn't use a 4KB
> page size but that's a secondary issue.  The system should support
> PCI Express with at least two x8 slots and PCI-X would be a plus.
> A half-height or full-height rack style chassis would be best,
> though a tower configuration would also be suitable.
>
> I want to do some wider testing on non-Intel based systems with
> current and new Broadcom drivers.  Feel free to email me directly
> if you have a suggestion.

sparc64 but only the newer and bigger boxes have PCIe ports.
Btw. sparc64 is not only big-endian, it has 8k pages (at least I think
FreeBSD uses the 8k ones like the other BSDs) is strict aligned and uses
an IOMMU for DMA.  If it works on sparc64 it has good chances to work on
most other boxes as well.

--
:wq Claudio