Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:07:48 -0600
From:      "michael Alexander" <linux@milwaukeevalve.com>
To:        "'Adam Bozanich'" <abozan01@ccsf.edu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: sendmail help?

>=20
> As I stated before, I believe the problem is that sendmail is not
> translating my name in the "from" section of the email.  When The mail
> gets rejected, it gets send back with "From: adam@kayak", My=20
> isp wants it
> to be "From my_user_name@my_isp.net"

What do you have listed in your "from" on your mail client when you send =
the
e-mail?
Is it shown there as adam@kayak or as "my_user_name@my_isp.net"

Many ISPs don't read the from line to determine if its acceptable or =
not,
but go on the login.  Can you send from your mail client through the =
ISP?
What if you change your "from address" in the client, can you still send
through the ISP?  That would let you know if it was the from line being =
the
problem.

Also take a look at this
http://mail-abuse.org/dul/gateways.htm