Date:      Sat, 06 May 2000 09:27:48 -0600
From:      Brad Waite <brad@ssbaptist.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stymied on an upgrade

Howdy folks.

I'm attempting to upgrade from from 3.4-Release to 4.0-Release, but
sysinstall won't recognize my existing 3.4 disk slices.  The partition
shows up, but there's no slices defined.  I've tried re-defining the
slices, with the same mount points, but it doesn't like that, either.
This is the second machine to which this has happened, but I've upgraded
two other identical systems with no problems.  I'm attemping the upgrade
on a P5-II, to da0s1, booting from an atapi CD drive.

Ideas?

--
Brad Waite
Media Director - South Sheridan Baptist Church