Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:06:18 -0400
From:      Brendan McAlpine <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How do I set up a whitelist with QMAIL?

Hey everyone,

I, like many others, am running mail servers with FreeBSD 4.5 using Qmail.
We make extensive use of the rblsmtpd -r command with the major blacklists
to black known spammers.

However, from time to time we would like to make exceptions (ie. An isp's
class c gets blacklisted but an individual from that ISP wants to send mail
to a user on our system and he isn't a spammer).  I know you can do this
with the use of a whitelist.

The question is, how would I set that up?  Is there a counterpart to the
badmailfrom file?  Or do I specify my whitelist within my rc.qmail file with
the other rblsmtpd options?

If anyone who has experience in doing this can help me I would greatly
appreciate it.

TIA

Brendan