Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:40:59 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Page faults every few days

On Dec 13, 2003, at 9:19 PM, Jaime wrote:

> (I don't see why a user-space process would interfere with kernel
> resource management.)

me, either, but it seemed worth looking into.

since this seems to be related to swapping, how much real memory vs
swap do you have? do you have any idea how much swapping is going on?
I'm sure some more knowledgeable people than supply better diagnostic
questions, but what do these values look like on the box you're
concerned with?

vm.stats.vm.v_swapin: 36869
vm.stats.vm.v_swapout: 63458
vm.stats.vm.v_swappgsin: 119489