Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:18:26 -0700
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: God, this is scary...

"Brian W. Buchanan" wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Eric Hodel wrote:
>
> > Nik Clayton wrote:

> > >     <URL:http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/AlienDOS.html>;
> >
> > Did they use a wintel machine in Independence Day?  I'll have to watch
> > it again.
>
> No, it was a Mac.  The joke of the day was that the Mac won't interface
> with anything here on Earth, but amazingly works just fine when talking to
> alien space ships. :)

I _thought_ they used a Mac, I've not seen a wintel laptop in a movie in
recent memory.  The DoS message above refers to a Win95 PC, which I
thought was wrong, but with the above statement... :>

--
Eric Hodel - hodeleri@seattleu.edu        | Customers will come to our
Aspiring programmer & FPS minor demi-god. | 'home page' in unbelievable