Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:37:06 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   licq package will not install

Hello,

here is something I do not understand about the ports system.  On my
packages CD, licq is nowhere to be found, but it is in the ports tree.
Using an ftp site, it is also not listed is the packages index, but it is in
the ports.  Trying to install with '-r' does not work, of course.  Is licq
not being built each night with the rest of the tree?  I *could* use the
port, but binary only is *so* much faster, and less strain on my system.

jm