Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:18:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpeg4ip 0.9.5

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> Have you noticed that fine port that now resides in graphics/mpeg4ip? :)

Not yet ;-)

Have you tested it with (still buggy, maybe those are "features"..) QT 6 ?

H.

PS:

Well, stranger than paradise, QT doesnt want to support video in
playlists, see the artificial restriction in
http://intra.b.lab.net/~uzs106/bla/quicktimehidesvideo.m3u --

I am little bit biased with playlists, what I really like is
mp4creator bla.mp3 -H bla.mp4.

QT doesnt support it, although QT does play mp3s... But they support mp2
in mp4s("thinking different").... The noble "mpeg 4 standard"...

IMHO it is not possible to run the QT player from the commandline like
qtplayer <url>, even on MacOSX, so no chance for a shellscript, maybe it
works somehow with "AppleScript"...

http://intra.b.lab.net/~uzs106/bla/quicktimehidesvideo.m3u is with silent
mp4s, couldnt yet get audio to work with QT. But I noticed, that the
audio movies, that didnt play with QT 6 preview, play fine with QT 6
final. after the player complains about wrong (aac) audio...