Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:49:56 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Nell Weems <nellweems@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: advertising clause in license

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 01:35:51PM -0700, Nell Weems wrote:
> Hello all,
>=20
> after typing:
> fgrep -r "All advertising materials" /usr/src/sys
> it seems like there are still many files which=20
> contain the advertising clause. has there been any=20
> attempts to contact the copyright authors of these=20
> files and see if it can be removed?
>=20
> not too much of a deal, i was just wondering.

No concerted efforts that I know of, but note that most of those
copyright holders are the UCB regents, so the copyright notice is
overridden by the amendment in /COPYRIGHT.  There is some ongoing work
to regularize licenses in the source tree though (mostly worked on by
imp@).

Kris

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--