Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 19:03:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Chase Paglee <chinalaw@qis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free BSD Questions

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Chase Paglee wrote:

>1.    Why do you recommend not using 386sx.  Is this just speed problem,
>or is it stability problem?

Dunno.

>2.    Does FreeBSD support Immation 120MB floppy drive?

Dunno.

>3.    Is there any way to run FreeBSD from floppy?

Yes. Search for PicoBSD on the website.

>4.    Can I load FreeBSD from memory, and then take out the FreeBSD
>floppy and use other floppies?

You can't just take out a floppy in unix. See PicoBSD

>5.    Do I have to have XWindows to run Netscape on FreeBSD?

Yes. Just like you need Windows to run Netsape in DOS.

>6.    Which version of Netscape should I run on FreeBSD?

4.04 from the FreeBSD ports collection.

>7.    Do I have to have XWindows to run WordPerfect on FreeBSD?

Yes.

>8.    Is there any charge if I use FreeBSD in a commercial application?

No. This is the very cool thing about FreeBSD.

>9.    Suppose I have a special graphics card.  Where could I find
>someone to write a driver for it?

Dunno. Check http://www.xfree86.org/ to see if it is supported.  Also, you
need no special support to run the command line interface.

>10.   Does FreeBSD support foreign characters (like Chinese characters)?

Dunno for sure but I think so.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/