Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:16:02 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fredrik_Carl=E9n?= <fredrik.carlen@futurniture.se>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   how do I know which ports and packages version to choose?

Hi! I am running 4.2-STABLE, and I want to download the packages =
appropriate for this distribution. Which version should I use? This =
might be a *terribly* stupid question, and for that I do apologize...I =
haven't found any entry in the online handbook as to which version to =
use...I bought the CD's, but they've been viciously destroyed by a cute =
little kid, so that's why I want to download them...

I can condense my question into this: How do I match the correct =
distribution with the correct ports/packages distribution?

/Fredrik Carl=E9n, Stockholm