Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:22:11 +1100
From:      Danny <dannyho@bigpond.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD / Windows Printing Query

- Hello

- I have been sharing the printer (installed on FreeBSD) without any problems
using apsfitler for a while
 - Now I need to use FreeBSD to print on a Windows 98 Machine

- I am running the following configuration

freebsd# uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd.freebsd.org 3.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE #0: Thu Sep 16 23:40:35 GMT 1999     jkh@highwing.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386
freebsd#

- The shared printer (running windows 98) is //windows/canon

Question

1) How can I get FreeBSD to print on a Windows 98 Machine?
2) If I need to install samba what exactly do I add to the smb.conf file?

Looking forward to your feedback.

dannyh

dannyho@bigpond.net.au