Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:27:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslogd runaway on 2.2-BETA

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Dan Busarow wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:
> > out.  Make sure, of course, that the problem persists after you
> > restart it.  Also, if you have ktrace enabled in the kernel, check
> > what it's doing.
>
> Still the same.  I'll build a new kernel and give that a try.

Reminder: sc0 disabled

I disabled the getty on ttyv0 and the syslog problem went away.

This same config worked fine under 2.1.0 (and maybe 2.1.5) and
was nice since I could boot with -c and re-enable sc0 if I needed
to fix something in single user.

-c doesn't seem to work if sc0 is disabled in 2.2-BETA_A
Now I can see why you might not be able to use -c with sc0
disabled, but it sure was nice in 2.1.x

Anyway, now I'm trying to figure out serial consoles.  Everything
in the archives makes it sound like a no-brainer so maybe
I'll get it going :)

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com