Date:      11 Jul 2002 16:35:09 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        Bertrand <bib@infomaniak.ch>, FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: can't start installation on ASUS P2L97-S

"Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com> writes:

> Dear all,
> I can't start FreeBSD installation either from CD, nor from Floppy.
> System hangs at hw probe in a fashion that i can't interprete.
> BIOS upgrade, removing physical hw equipment, disabling devices at
> bios level didn't helped at all (Please, have a look at history below
> for details).

I haven't been following this so please ignore me if this has already
been suggested - Do you have assign IRQ for USB devices set in your
BIOS?

I had a similar problem and I had that option set to no. Setting it to
yes fixed the problem.

Just a thought :)

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    BSD is for people who love UNIX; Linux is for