Date:      Sat, 06 May 2000 13:43:02 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More problems installing tar 1.13.17 on 4.0

I just installed version 4.0, ran cvsupit, make world, and then recompiled
the kernel.  The system is running without a problem.  I plan to use this
machine to run our backups using amanda 2.4.1p1 or 2.4.2-beta.  The only
holdup is that amanda has problems with tar 1.12 and tar 1.13.  The amanda
developers either recommend patching version 1.12 or going with version
1.13.17 (NOT 1.13).  I did iinstall version 1.13 from the ports collection
and that ran without a problem.  In order to install version 1.13.17, I
downloaded the source and then attempted to install it by running:

./configure
make
make install

Unfortunately, after I run make, I get the following error:

Making all in src
make: don't know how to make ../lib/fnmatch.h. Stop
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/tar-1.13.17.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/tar-1.13.17.

When I look in the ../lib directory, I find the following files:
	fnmatch.c
	fnmatch.hin
	fnmatch.hno -> .././lib/fnmatch.hin

but no "fnmatch.h".  If I try copying "fnmatch.h" from /usr/include, I get
the same error.

Any ideas/suggestions?  OK, how about any ones other than the rude ones  :-)

"Don't believe the hype"