Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:21:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw logging

Thanks to all that have replied so far. I wasn't getting anything to
/var/log/security either so I started commenting out lines in my ruleset
and have narrowed down the problem to being with my dynamic rules. I
originally had this:

#from man 8 ipfw: allow only connections I've created
add 00300 check-state
add 00301 deny tcp from any to any established
add 00302 allow tcp from any to any setup keep-state

#log all failed attempts
add 00303 deny log logamount 1 tcp from any to any in setup

I've tried rule 00301 with and without the "log" keyword. If I comment out
those first 3 rules (they're at the very top of my rule-set), it logs to
/var/log/security and I effectively shutdown all connection attempts to my
box.

Any suggestions on how to keep the dynamic rules and still get logs?

Dru