Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:38:28 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@getmail.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Technisat DVB-S PCI card

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:28:48 +0200
Milan Obuch <freebsd-multimedia@dino.sk> wrote:

> With some browsing I was able to find page at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechniSat_SkyStar_2_TV_PCI_/_Sky2PC_PCI
> stating it work quite well under Linux. Has anyboady some experience
> with it under FreeBSD?

I don't have any experience with this card, sorry.

> Is driver already ported or nothing is done, yet?

> In general, how does PCI card usage differ from USB device,
> working with webcamd?

In general, only usb devices work with webcamd. AFAIK, no PCI devices work with webcamd.
In general, very few non-usb DVB devices has FreeBSD drivers.

I have a TerraTec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C[1], it didn't have any FreeBSD driver long agao when I tested it, and I haven't seen any driver after that either.
Another card I have is the TechoTrend Premium C-2300 Hybrid[2], also with no FreeBSD driver, AFAIK.
This isn't meant as a complaint, it is just the way things are. Too few eyes and hands I guess.