Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:44:34 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@fdma.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: does shutdown -p work for anyone for 4.3?

> From: "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@fdma.com>
> Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:40:13 -0500
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Any users out there running freebsd on ANYTHING that turns the power off
> when you type shutdown -p?
>
> I have looked in the source code for anything at all that even looks like it
> remotely calls the apm_power_off() function in ../../src/i386/apm.c
>
> did a find | grep -H apm_power_off {} \;
>
> nothing.

Works fine on my ThinkPad 600E running 4.4-Stable of about 1 week's
age.

Note:

1. You must enable kernel APM with either the removal of the "disable"
from the APM line in the config and rebuilding the kernel or by adding
the line "en apm0" to /boot/kernel.conf. (Add it before the "q"!)

2. Use the "apm -e 1" command to enable APM functions.

3. Confirm this all works with the apm(8) command.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)