Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 01:27:47 -0700
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        pjklist@ekahuna.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question re: Sendmail changes

pjklist> A queue runner process owned by "smmsp".
pjklist> A traditional sendmail process owned by root, "accepting
pjklist> connections".

pjklist> I have sendmail_enable="NO" in my rc.conf.  I thought this would have
pjklist> left just the queue runner process going, no?  If I telnet to
pjklist> localhost port 25, I still see the usual banner.

pjklist> Do I really have to set sendmail_enable to "NONE" so it won't answer
pjklist> on port 25 at all?

Read /etc/mail/README (or src/etc/mail/README if you haven't run
mergemaster) to find out more about this new process.